First K10 Un-Boxed Racked and Burn in


After we cleared the warehouse I went back to the office to assemble one of the K10. It went together well. Although I’d suggest an electric screw driver for removing the line card blanks. I thought the slots and ports were labeled clearly and making the fabric card the last slot makes sense.

The K10 fired up on a single power supply with only the fabric plus 5 cards. Two power supplies gave it redundancy. I tested out a basic configuration and verified the optics and 10G DACs work in the 4 spf+ slots of the of the fabric card which is slot 11. I loaded a basic S-series config template and started testing traffic between the K10 and an S4.

I anticipate a production release of 7.31. We’ll finalize the config and prepare for our first install next week.

-Update I received the production release of 7.31 the next day. The firmware has stable and we’re experimenting with the new features.

About howarda

Computer Network Systems Manager, University of Northern Iowa
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>